Logo - Urufarma Continuing training, technical perfection and technological innovation make Urufarma a responsible company, renowned for the quality and reliability of its products.

The investments made in recent years have favored the perfection of our industrial facilities, of the production processes and of the quality-control systems, in order to meet the growing demand of our clients.

Urufarma stands today as an established manufacturer of hormonal oral solids, thanks to our facilities, to the development of human capital and to the excellence of our processes.

The company's built its first manufacturing plant for the production of hormonal pharmaceuticals in 1998, followed by an expansion of the facilities in 2004 as part of new investments in infrastructure.

In May 2012, Urufarma opened its new state-of-the-art industrial plant, reaffirming its commitment towards excellence.

The successful implementation of different projects allows the company to commercialize its products at a global scale, reaching markets with great potential for development.

Production process

The production processes have been designed to respect the flow of materials and people, in production segments, with a high level of product containment in order to protect both our products and our staff.

The different production processes are carried out automatically by state-of-the-art European machinery with automated registry and control systems measuring the main parameters.


Products

The production processes have been designed to respect the flow of materials and people, in production segments, with a high level of product containment in order to protect both our products and our staff.

Hormonal oral solids account for 70% of Urufarma's production, while the remaining 30% corresponds to other oral solids without segregation.

In addition, Urufarma commercializes other pharmaceutical goods produced by third parties and represents top international pharmaceuticals such as ASPEN, Bristol Myers Squibb (USA), EleaPhoenix and Andromaco (Argentina) and Convatec.

Team-built quality

Each employee contributes from his position to build quality by complying with the regulations. The perfect compliance throughout the process is a result of the planning and rigorous control at every step to ensure the quality of each product.

Production capacity based on rigorous procedures

Our company complies with the international guidelines of the World Health Organization regarding the pharmaceutical industry, which in Uruguay are enforced by the Ministry of Public Health.

Urufarma is regularly audited by the Ministry of Public Health, its own clients and health authorities from other countries.

Good manufacturing practices

The efficiency of our processes, the accumulated experience, and the knowledge acquired in complying with the Good Manufacturing Practices of the pharmaceutical industry, as well as the high specialization in the production of hormonal pharmaceuticals, make Urufarma a model among Latin American companies.

Thanks to a rigorous planning, we are able meet the demand of our clients without lowering our quality standards.

At Urufarma, a framework of written regulations ensures the compliance with these guiding principles.

The following certifications allow us to commercialize our products:

  • Good Manufacturing Practices (Ministry of Public Health) for the Road plant.
  • Good Manufacturing Practices (Ministry of Public Health) for the Av. Italia plant.
  • Good Manufacturing Practices (INVIMA, Colombia) for Road.
  • Good Laboratory Practices (INVIMA, Colombia) for the control laboratory.
  • Good Manufacturing Practices (DIGIMID, Peru).
  • Ministry of Public Health License to manufacture and import modified food.
  • Ministry of Public Health License to import and manufacture cosmetics, biocides and other cosmetic products through third parties.
  • Ministry of Public Health License to import therapeutic devices, diagnostic reagents and medical equipment.
URUFARMA - INVIMA - Instituto Nacional de Vigilancia de Medicamentos y Alimentos
URUFARMA - Ministerio de Salud Pública
URUFARMA - DIGEMID - Dirección General de Medicamentos, Insumos y Drogas
URUFARMA - Organización Mundial de la Salud